Transport your taste buds to Italy with Crockpot Tuscan Chicken With Spinach, a convenient, hearty dish featuring tender chicken, creamy sauce, and vibrant spinach – a delightful Tuscan-inspired meal for busy days.
Pin the image and keep these Crockpot Tuscan Chicken With Spinach close at hand for your next meal.📌
Why I Loved This Recipe
This Crockpot Tuscan Chicken With Spinach recipe is like a journey to Italy in your own kitchen.
It’s all about searing chicken, adding herbs and wine, and watching spinach turn the sauce into a Tuscan landscape.
It’s not just about the taste; it’s about making memories through food.
When you enjoy this dish, you’re not just eating flavors; you’re tasting the magic of cooking and capturing a place and moment in every bite.
Give it a try and experience the essence of why I love cooking!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
• Flavorful Comfort: Succulent chicken, aromatic herbs, and creamy sauce create a satisfying dish for family dinners and gatherings.
• Effortless Preparation: Let the crockpot do the work for a gourmet-style meal with minimal kitchen time.
• Wholesome Ingredients: Packed with nutrient-rich spinach for color and health benefits.
• Impressive Presentation: Looks impressive, perfect for stress-free special occasions.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
• Chicken Breasts (2 large pieces): Tender and juicy, they become delicious after slow cooking.
• Fresh Spinach (2 cups): Adds color and healthy goodness, blending with the creamy sauce.
• Heavy Cream (1 cup): Makes the sauce rich and velvety for a luxurious taste.
• White Wine (1/2 cup): Adds sophistication and flavor enhancement to the dish.
• Garlic (4 cloves): Provides aromatic charm and blends seamlessly with other ingredients.
• Rosemary (1 sprig) and Thyme (1 sprig): Fresh herbs infuse the dish with Tuscany-inspired aroma and earthy notes.
• Sun-Dried Tomatoes (1/4 cup): Intense and tangy, they bring bursts of flavor, delighting your taste buds.
Step By Step Instructions
STEP 1: First, grab your trusty skillet and heat it up on medium-high heat. Once it’s nice and hot, put the chicken breasts in there. Let them cook for a few minutes on each side until they turn a beautiful golden brown. When they’re all seared and ready, gently place them into your waiting crockpot.
STEP 2: Keep the skillet handy because we’re moving on to the sauce. Toss in some minced garlic, fresh rosemary, and a sprinkle of thyme. Now, pour in the white wine. Let it simmer with those herbs. Then, add the sun-dried tomatoes and pour in the heavy cream. Give it a good stir, and let it simmer until it becomes creamy and perfect.
STEP 3: Take that creamy sauce you’ve made and pour it lovingly over your seared chicken in the crockpot. It’s like a meeting of flavors right before your eyes. Trust me, this is where the magic starts.
STEP 4: Put the lid on your crockpot – we’re keeping all that goodness inside. Set it to low heat and let the slow-cooking journey begin. In about 4 hours, your chicken will be tender and soaking up all those amazing flavors.
STEP 5: Now, let’s not forget our green superhero – the spinach. About 30 minutes before the crockpot cooking is done, gently stir in the fresh spinach. It’s like adding a pop of color and health to your dish. The heat will make it wilt down just a bit, but it’ll still be full of life and flavor.
STEP 6: When the chicken is tender, and the spinach has mixed with the sauce, it’s time to serve. Use tongs to carefully place a chicken breast on each plate. And don’t forget to scoop up a generous ladle of that creamy goodness to drizzle all around.
Tips and Techniques
• Brown the chicken in a hot skillet before placing it in the crockpot for a beautiful color and flavor.
• Sauté garlic, rosemary, and thyme in the skillet, then add white wine for a flavorful base.
• Combine sun-dried tomatoes and heavy cream, and let them simmer in the crockpot for a rich and creamy sauce.
• Add fresh spinach to the crockpot 30 minutes before serving for a touch of freshness.
This creamy and indulgent dish serves four hungry souls with its tender chicken, velvety sauce, and vibrant spinach. Pair it with pasta, rice, or crusty bread to make every bite a comforting delight. Perfect for a family dinner!
• Pair with pasta for a creamy chicken and pasta combo.
• Serve with rice for a comforting meal.
• Enjoy with crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce.
• Add a side salad for a refreshing contrast to the richness of the dish.
• Enhance your Crockpot Tuscan Chicken with melted cheese for extra indulgence.
• Enjoy a delightful crunch and nutty flavor with toasted pine nuts.
• Elevate your dish by adding roasted red peppers or artichoke hearts for unique flavors and vibrant colors.
To store your delicious leftovers, refrigerate them in airtight containers for up to 3 days or freeze them in sturdy freezer bags for about 2 months. When it’s time to enjoy them again, thaw them in the fridge overnight, and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop, keeping those flavors locked in with a lid or microwave-safe wrap. Enjoy the Tuscan magic all over again!
Q. Can I use frozen chicken?
It’s recommended to use thawed chicken for even cooking and to avoid temperature fluctuations in the crockpot.
Q. Can I substitute the spinach?
Yes, you can use kale or Swiss chard instead of spinach for a slightly different flavor profile.
Q. Can I make this recipe on the stovetop?
Absolutely! Sear the chicken in a skillet, prepare the sauce, and then simmer everything together on the stovetop over low heat until the chicken is cooked through.
Creamy Crockpot Tuscan Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 2 cups spinach leaves fresh
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary fresh & chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves fresh
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown chicken in a skillet until golden, then transfer it to the crockpot.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic, rosemary, and thyme until fragrant.
- Add white wine and simmer for flavor.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and heavy cream, then pour this mix over the chicken.
- Cover and cook in the crockpot on low for about 4 hours.
- 30 minutes before it’s done, add fresh spinach to wilt.
- Serve with fresh herbs and your choice of pasta, rice, or crusty bread. Enjoy your saucy, flavorful meal!
- Brown the chicken in a hot skillet before placing it in the crockpot for a beautiful color and flavor.
- • Sauté garlic, rosemary, and thyme in the skillet, then add white wine for a flavorful base.
- • Combine sun-dried tomatoes and heavy cream, and let them simmer in the crockpot for a rich and creamy sauce.
- • Add fresh spinach to the crockpot 30 minutes before serving for a touch of freshness.