Spiced Pumpkin Latte is a harmonious blend of rich espresso, velvety steamed milk, and the comforting flavors of pumpkin pie spice. Whether you’re a pumpkin aficionado or just looking to embrace the autumn vibes, this recipe is sure to be a delightful addition to your beverage repertoire.
Pin the image and keep this Spiced Pumpkin Latte recipe close at hand for your next meal.📌
Why I Loved This Recipe
I remember the first time I tried a Pumpkin Latte. It was on a chilly October morning, and I was wandering through a local farmers’ market.
The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and warm spices drew me to a cozy stall, where I had my first sip of this heavenly concoction.
The balance of the robust coffee with the creamy pumpkin-infused milk was an experience I’ll never forget.
Recreating that magical moment in my own kitchen became a cherished ritual, and I’m excited to share my perfected recipe with you all.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
• Autumnal Bliss: This Pumpkin Latte encapsulates the essence of fall. Each sip is a symphony of flavors that dance on your taste buds, evoking memories of pumpkin patches and bonfires.
• Customizable: Adjust the sweetness and spices to suit your preferences. Make it as indulgent or as light as you desire.
• Cost-Effective: Skip the coffee shop queues and save money by crafting your own Pumpkin Latte at home.
• Impress Your Guests: Serve these lattes at gatherings or as a sweet finale to a cozy dinner, and watch your guests’ faces light up with delight.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
• 1 shot of espresso (or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee): Adds a deep, rich coffee flavor that pairs perfectly with pumpkin spice; brewed coffee works too.
• 1/2 cup whole milk: Provides a creamy, velvety texture; you can use your preferred milk, like almond or oat.
• 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree: Infuses that cozy fall flavor, like a warm hug for your taste buds.
• 1 tablespoon sugar (adjust to taste): Balances flavors and adds comforting sweetness; adjust to your liking.
• 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice: A magical blend of fall spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger) that makes your latte taste like a pumpkin pie in a cup.
• Whipped cream, for garnish: Adds delightful creaminess; it’s the cherry on top.
• Cinnamon powder, for dusting: Pretty and adds extra warmth and flavor; think of it as autumn confetti.
Making Of Spiced Pumpkin Latte
STEP 1: Start by making a shot of espresso with your espresso machine. But don’t worry if you don’t have one; a strong cup of regular coffee will work just as well. The key is to have a bold coffee base.
STEP 2: In a small saucepan, warm your milk over medium-low heat. Be careful not to let it boil; we want it warm, not burning. If you have a milk frother, that’s perfect for steaming the milk.
STEP 3: In a separate bowl, mix together your pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Think of it as creating a cozy spice mix for your latte. Stir until it’s well combined.
STEP 4: Pour the pumpkin-spice blend into your warm milk. Give it a good whisk until they blend seamlessly, and the milk is steaming.
STEP 5: If you like your drink on the sweeter side, add sugar to your liking. Remember, you’re in charge of the sweetness level.
STEP 6: If you have a steam wand, froth the milk until it’s airy and velvety. If not, your milk frother will work like a charm.
STEP 7: Now, the magic happens. Pour the espresso or strong coffee into your favorite mug. Slowly pour the frothy pumpkin-spice milk over the coffee. If foam tries to take over, gently hold it back with a spoon. We’re building layers of deliciousness here!
STEP 8: Top your Pumpkin Latte with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. It’s like giving your latte a cozy autumn sweater. Grab your warm mug, take a sip, and let the flavors embrace you in the spirit of autumn.
Tips and Techniques
• Fill your mug with hot water before making your latte to keep it warmer for longer.
• Use a stovetop Moka pot for strong coffee in your latte if you don’t have an espresso machine.
• Opt for pure pumpkin puree, not pie filling, for better flavor control.
• Swap dairy with your favorite non-dairy milk for a creamy vegan Pumpkin Latte.
• Use a handheld milk frother if you don’t have fancy machines.
• Make an iced version by cooling the pumpkin milk mixture, pouring it over ice, and adding chilled coffee.
• Add vanilla extract for extra cozy flavor. You’re the boss of your latte!
This recipe makes enough for one delicious Pumpkin Latte. It’s like a warm hug in a cup, perfect for enjoying by yourself on a cozy autumn day. So grab your favorite mug and treat yourself to this delightful seasonal drink!
• Pair a slice of homemade pumpkin bread with your Pumpkin Latte for a comforting flavor combo. Try my chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe for an extra treat.
• Enjoy a buttery croissant with your latte for a comforting, flaky delight. The mix of textures is pure pastry heaven.
• Dip cinnamon sugar-coated churros into your Pumpkin Latte for a sweet and crispy indulgence, a perfect match of textures and flavors.
• Picture warm apple pie alongside your Pumpkin Latte—a cozy blend of spiced apple and pumpkin goodness for fall vibes.
To maintain the freshness of your leftover pumpkin milk mixture, refrigerate it in an airtight container. When you’re ready for more, gently reheat it on the stovetop or in the microwave for a smooth texture, giving it a quick shake to evenly distribute spices. Enjoy it within a few days and customize each cup to your liking by adjusting sweetness or adding more spice.
Q. Can I make this without coffee?
Absolutely! You can skip the coffee and enjoy a Pumpkin Spice Steamer by using hot milk as the base.
Q. Is pumpkin spice mix the same as pumpkin pie spice?
Yes, they’re often used interchangeably and contain similar warm spices.
Q. Can I use canned pumpkin pie filling?
It’s best to use pure pumpkin puree to control the flavor and sweetness.
Q. Can I make a dairy-free version?
Swap the milk for your favorite non-dairy alternative and enjoy a vegan Pumpkin Latte.
Q. Can I use a handheld milk frother?
Yes, a handheld frother works well to froth the milk if you don’t have a steam wand.
Spiced Pumpkin Latte
- 1 shot of espresso or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Cinnamon powder for dusting
- Brew a shot of espresso or make strong coffee.
- Heat milk in a saucepan or use a milk frother to steam it.
- Mix pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
- Add pumpkin mixture to the milk and warm it up, stirring gently.
- Sweeten with sugar and adjust to taste.
- Froth the milk until creamy using a steam wand or frother.
- Pour espresso into a mug, then gently add the frothed milk.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.